22 Things I know for sure + Week Long Birthday Freebies
Does your birthday month tend to make you as introspective as mine makes me?
It feels so odd to me that by the first day of November every year, I automatically start re-evaluating my life and my year. I get really introspective about lessons learnt and go through the process of forgiving myself for mistakes made.
This year the lovely ladies of BGIO were using their birthdays as an opportunity to reflect and share things they know for sure. Obviously I decided that it would be a great idea to share these reflections.
If you would rather skip over the lovely & quite humorous list of 22 straight down to the end of the post where I talk about all the lovely gifts YOU will be getting because it's my birthday week, I promise you won't hurt my feelings but I also promise that the list of 22 has some nuggets of wisdom that could potentially change your life!!
Now onto the list of 22 things I know for sure in no particular order of importance.
- We can create the kind of lives we want. It's hard but not impossible.
- Knowlegde is freely available but wisdom comes with battle scars.
- Heart beauty > body beauty.
- Shakira was right, hips don't lie.
- I don't cook and clean and nurture because I am woman, but because I am human.
- Vulnerability will break you but it will heal you with a serum that not only puts you back together but also makes you stronger and more resilient.
- Confidence is not a liability.
- God isn't interested in "using" me, He is interested in partnering with me..but I can always say no. Freewill is a wild ride.
- If I had to do it all over again, I would still be a 5'1 woman with thick juicy lips & thighs that touch, a really complicated last name, and my exact same lovely and sometimes contradictory personality.
- Age is just a number! It doesn't define anything.
- My mom is the exact definition of a superhero and my dad is a real life angel sent to earth to make us question life as we know it [so basically I am the product of a superhero + an angel]. :)
- Show up, build things, take up space - that's why I was sent to earth.
- NYC is my spirit animal.
- I reserve the right to change (my mind, tribe, opinions, passions).
- Sometimes we just need to stop fighting.
- I am not care free no matter how much I try to be.
- Maktub [go read the Alchemist to get this].
- The goal is not to be perfect but to become.
- Everything has a cost - weigh your costs.
- Time is your slave not your master.
- The more you give, the more you get.
- God absolutely loves the hell out of me [this is actually a theological statement].
NOW for the Birthday freebies:
Every few years on my birthday I like to add something to the world rather than take something from it. This year is one of those years! Every day this week I will do a special reveal/give a freebie but you have to go to my Facebook page by noon everyday to get access to the freebie or be on my special friends email list.
- On Tuesday I will be sharing a special travel guide with lots of awesome hacks for people who are looking to travel more in 2017.
- On Wednesday I will be making a special announcement for THRIVE African Girl and unveiling our new project about storytelling in media. [hint, it involves stories and podcasts and lots of fun girl time].
- On Thursday I will be sharing about "The Art of Slow." It's a little book that I may or may not have written and how you can get your hands on it.
- On Friday (my actual birthday) I will be sharing all about Afangideh Global - which is the most exciting thing in my life to date because it will literally change people's lives and that's what we are here for right?
- On Saturday I will be sharing some events I am collaborating with other amazing people on that will be going on in 2017 AND you do not want to miss out on those!